He was released on bail in the sum of N100, 000 for allegedly beating his father, Isaac Pitman.
Innocent is facing a two-count of joint act and assault which contravened Sections 79 and 265 of the Penal code.
The judge, Mr Aliyu Kagarko, who gave the ruling, also granted the surety in like sum.
Earlier, Prosecutor Mahmud Ismail ’la told the court that the father of the accused reported him at Jikwoyi Police Station on December 24.
He said Pitman reported that the accused and his brother, Humprey Pitman, who is still at large, jointly assaulted him.
“The two sons of the complainant tied him and beat him so much that he was pleading with them not to harm him.
“They beat him up because he warned them to stop disturbing the peace of neighbourhood with their criminal acts and thereafter, the second son ran away,” Ismail said.
The case was adjourned until January 29 for hearing
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke declared as authentic Osun PDP candidate
- Hajj: NAHCON inaugurates, screens medical team
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders