A 27-year-old man, Shafi’u Haruna, has been arrested by the Katsina Police Command for allegedly killing his girlfriend over dispute on the ownership of her pregnancy.
Haruna was arrested last Tuesday following a tip off.
The spokesman for the command, SP Gambo Isah, said Haruna who lived in the Dorawar Natiba area of Birdigau village, in the Kankara Local Government Area of the state allegedly committed the crime in December, 2019.
According to the police spokesman, Haruna tricked 14-year-old Hamsiya Lawal of the same address to a nearby bush where he allegedly smashed her head with a stone.
She reportedly died on the spot.
SP Isah said “The suspect smashed her head with heavy stone, killing her instantly. Investigation is ongoing.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC