Kwara Assembly Passes Administration of Criminal Justice Bill into Law
The Kwara State House of Assembly has passed into law a Bill for a law to provide administration of Criminal Justice in the state’s judicial system.
ROYAL NEWS learnt that, “Under the 490 clause law, there will be justice for both the victims and the culprits,quick dispensation of criminal cases and synergy among all the stakeholders and permanently address persistent problem of awaiting trial in the State” a statement issued on Thursday from the state assembly has indicated.
It further disclosed that, “The law will also ensure that the system of administration of criminal justice in the state promotes efficient management of criminal justice institutions and speedy dispensation of justice.
“The newly passed law is also expected to ensure protection of the society from crime and protection of the rights and interests of the suspect, the defendant and the victim.”
Speaking on the passage of the bill into law, the Speaker, Dr. Ali Ahmad, who expressed delight over the passage of the bill, assured that the new law will address crime administration in the country.
He pointed out that the law will be
the most efficient and sophisticated law on the subject matter in the country and directed the Clerk of the House, Hajia Halimat Jummai Kperogi,to prepare a clean copy for the Governor’s assent.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides
- Datti: Tinubu petitions NBC, demands Channels TV’s sanction