It is 28 years since the demise of His Royal Highness, Alhaji (Dr.) Zulkarnaini Muhammadu Gambari, the 9th Emir of Ilorin.
He succeeded his uncle, Shehu AbdulKadir Dan Shuaibu Bawa in 1959, just a year before Nigeria got her independence from British colonialists.
He reigned as the paramount ruler of the Ilorin emirate with significant growth and development attracted to Kwara state as revered and highly respected monarch across Africa.
He died in Western Germany hospital in 1992 after a brief illness and was succeeded by his cousin (brother to his wife) His Royal Highness, Shehu Aliyu AbdulKadir as the 10th Emir of Ilorin.
To the glory of God, his son, whom he turbaned as the Ciroman Ilorin, His Royal Highness, Alhaji (Dr) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, later ascended the throne as the 11th Emir of Ilorin following the demise of Emir Aliyu AbdulKadir in 1995.
May Allah continue to be pleased with his soul.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation