Some suspected armed militia have attacked and kill three people and burn seven houses in the early hours of Friday in Tudu Uku town of Toto Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.
It is alleged that the crises have been existing for decades between these two communities, Egbura and Bassa.
The Chairman of Toto Local Government Area Mr Nuhu Dauda who confirmed the incident to Daily Trust said, “It is sad for people to attack innocent citizens which led to the death of three people and lost of properties worth millions of Naira. I am calling on the perpetrators of the evil acts to repent and embrace peace.
“I received the report this early morning that Bassa militias attack Tudu Uku in Toto Local Government Area of the state which lead to the killing of three persons and burnt about seven Houses and vehicles among others. I also received a report that one boy is still missing during the attacked and the attackers beheaded one person”.
The Chairman assured the people of the area of his continued readiness to collaborate with the security agencies to ensure that permanent peace is restored to the area.
It would be recalled that recently, Major General Adeyemi Yekini, the Commander of Operation Wild Stroke in charge of Nasarawa, Benue and Taraba says they have recovered 45 assorted weapons and 701 assorted ammunitions from Bassa militia camp in Zwere, Toto Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.
Nasarawa State Police Public Relation(PRO), ASP Ismail Othman said they are gathering information on the incident.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State