No fewer than three persons have been lost their lives in a clash between thugs and police in Ibadan Oyo State capital on Tuesday, witnesses say.
It was gathered that police opened fire at hundreds of youth during #EndSARS protest Tuesday morning. As a result, some thugs launched an attack on a police station in Ojoo, Ibadan.
At least five protesters who were present at the scene told PREMIUM TIMES that six other protesters are severely injured.
The pictures and videos of the victims are also trending on social media.
The latest development has brought the number of death victims to no fewer than 16 since the beginning of the protest against police brutality.
The spokesperson of the Oyo State Police command, Fadeyi Olugbenga, could not be reached. He did not answer our calls and text messages.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders