No fewer than three persons have been lost their lives in a clash between thugs and police in Ibadan Oyo State capital on Tuesday, witnesses say.
It was gathered that police opened fire at hundreds of youth during #EndSARS protest Tuesday morning. As a result, some thugs launched an attack on a police station in Ojoo, Ibadan.
At least five protesters who were present at the scene told PREMIUM TIMES that six other protesters are severely injured.
The pictures and videos of the victims are also trending on social media.
The latest development has brought the number of death victims to no fewer than 16 since the beginning of the protest against police brutality.
The spokesperson of the Oyo State Police command, Fadeyi Olugbenga, could not be reached. He did not answer our calls and text messages.
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment
- How I deal with people who disappoint me— Tinubu