Three persons have been reported dead in the night attacks of Thursday as some unknown gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen attacked Dong Community in Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the suspects attacked the community when they allegedly laid ambush on the vigilante group of the community shooting sporadically.
It would be recalled that Dong Kassa, Jos North LGA and Rafiki Village in Basa were simultaneously attacked last week where two security personnel and more than five civilians were killed in the attack while COCIN Dong Kassa was set ablaze.
As the time of filing this report, our reporter who visited Dong Village observed that the situation was calm as security personnel have taken charge except for fear by residents of further attacks and grief over the lives lost.
Public Relations Officer of the state police command, ASP Tyopev Terna, confirmed the sad incident.
” Three persons were killed in Dong attack. We got a distress call from the community and the commissioner of Police swiftly deployed men to the community and they repel the attackers, security has been beefed up in the area and normalcy has returned to the area .’ he said.
Meanwhile Governor of Plateau State, Simon Lalong, has appealed for calm, following the attack last night by armed gunmen in Dong village of Jos North Local Government Area of the state, which culminated in the unfortunate loss of lives of some people in the area.
The Governor, in a statement issued on Friday and signed by Hon Yakubu Dati the commissioner of information and communication noted that relative calm had been restored to the area following the deployment of adequate security and urged the people to remain law-abiding.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide