The 31 year old father of two is part of a gang specialized in the stealing of Toyota cars in Lagos.
This, he made known to the operatives of the Zonal Intervention Squad, (ZIS) Onikan, Lagos State after his arrest.
The suspect and his gang members are accused of specializing in the stealing of Toyota cars and have reportedly stolen not less than 26 Toyota Camry cars from Oworoshoki, Bariga and Somolu areas of Lagos state.
Tabiti, who disclosed he had been stealing right from his childhood, was arrested alongside three other members of his gang – Oluseye Arokoyo (34), Ahmed Alli (24) and Moses Ofoke (31), who is the receiver of the stolen vehicles.
Tabiti said; “I have done everything to stop stealing, but I couldn’t. My parents also tried their best, but I cannot do away with robbery.”
“I was sacked where I worked as a driver after I stole my boss’ money.”
He said; “I’m a driver with two children. I started doing this job after I was sacked where I worked as a driver at Victoria Island. My friend introduced me to this job in 2017.”
“I have stolen 11 vehicles in Oworonshoki, Bariga and Somolu in Lagos. What we do is to go out around 2 a.m. A man cuts a master key for us to steal Toyota cars.”
“We open the cars and kick-start the ignitions. We don’t rob at gunpoint. We got the key for N1000 or N2000. After stealing, we send the cars to Ondo to two buyers.”
“The first car we stole was a Nissan salon. We sold it for N100, 000, the other; a Toyota Camry was sold for N200, 000. Others were sold for N300, 000. We usually share the money after selling the cars.”
“I used my own money to rent a house and bought household items.”
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note