Lagos State Police Command has arrested 34 members of a non-governmental organization known as the Peace Corps over alleged fraud.
The organization which tends to work like a para-military body has been under attack by law enforcement on Friday.
Lagos state police command announced the arrest of 34 officials of the Peace Corp organisation to Pressmen.
The spokesman to the Lagos police Olarinde Famous-Cole said: the arrested officials will be charged to a mobile court on Saturday, September 23. “The command has arrested 34 members of the Peace Corp. The organization is illegal, therefore the command would charge the suspects to a mobile court tomorrow.
The organization has gained the support of the House of Representatives, yet its members will be prosecuted. The House of Representatives recently passed a bill to transform the organisation to a government para-military agency despite the opposition of existing military and security agencies.
The presidency is, however, yet to assent to the bill. The Peace Corps and its national leaders are currently being prosecuted by the police for alleged fraud. Below are some reactions of Nigerians to an earlier arrest of Peace Corps members
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000
- Samuel Eto’o attacks man outside stadium in Qatar
- NBA President shuns call to bar ceremony presided over by Olanipekun
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity