A 35-year-old woman, Ebere Precious Ogbodo and her four children, Rejoice, Merkel, Harmony and Engel were killed in a deadly fire house fire in Jos, Plateau state.
The tragic incident occurred in Gyel community, Jos South Local Government Area of the state on Thursday night, February 25.
The children died instantly while their mother was rushed to Dee Medical Center in Bukuru, where she passed away the following day.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained but speculations attributed it to electrical fault. It was gathered that the inferno was so intense that virtually everything in the house was gutted.
Confirming the development, the husband and father of the children, Philip Ogbodo said the incident occurred on Thursday night, an hour after he left the house to go watch a football match at a viewing center in the area. According to him, on his way back he saw neighbours battling with the flames In his house.
Meanwhile, mother and children will be laid to rest on Thursday, March 4, 2021, in their hometown, Ndiagu Amodu Awkunanaw in Nkanu Local Government Area of Enugu State.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal