Barely nine days to the forthcoming presidential election, no fewer than 354 loyalists of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP), Alhaji Atiku, have threatened to decamp from the party.
The aggrieved members under the aegis of Atiku Support Groups in Kwara State have accused the State Director General for Atiku Presidential Campaign of neglect, ROYAL NEWS has learnt.
They said if urgent steps were not taken to address their grievances within 48 hours the Leaders of Coalition for Atiku Support Groups (COASG) Kwara State Chapter will decamp to APC.
The groups claimed they had been using personal resources to mobilise support for Atiku
across the 16 Local governments in the state.
However, Mrs. Ahmed Afusat (women leader, Project Atiku 2019) said “We regretted that in spite of our efforts, no recognition was accorded to us
and our groups, honestly this is painful.”
The convener of the group, Mr. Afolayan, threatened to withdraw their support for Atiku if urgent steps
were not taken to address their scores.
The leaders met in Atiku Campaign office in GRA Ilorin on February 7, 2019 and deliberated on many issues hindering the performance of support groups.
They said that the situation could affect Atunwa and Atiku’s outing in 2019 if not properly managed.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63