A 36-year-old businesswoman, Obiageli Onakanse, preparing for marriage in December, declared missing two weeks ago, has been found buried in a shallow grave in Asaba, Oshimili South Local Council, Delta State
The Deputy Commissioner of Police, Faleye Olaleye, who said arrests have been made, disclosed this. He also revealed that the victim, a popular interior decorator, who lived in a rented apartment, in Government Reserved Area (GRA) of the state capital, was discovered with ghastly head injuries and several machete cuts on her body.
“That has led to the arrest of her co-tenant, Nonso Ekene, a Nollywood movie director, and the security man, Isaac Sunday, who confessed to the crime.
“A female relative of the victim simply identified as Uche, told journalists that the deceased was her father’s younger sister.”
He further said the family members became suspicious after her calls went unanswered for weeks.
“She was discussing her marriage plans with an uncle on the telephone, prior to her sudden disappearance. My uncle was worried after repeated calls to get an update of her proposed marriage plans fixed for December,” the relative said.
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget