A 38-year-old petty trader, Mrs. Lovina Odo, has been found hanging on a rope tied to a ceiling fan at No. 1, Ukpaka lane, Umusiome village, Nkpor-agu near Onitsha in Anambra State.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the incident occurred on March 28 at about 5 p.m.
The husband of the deceased, Mr. Okechukwu Odo, said he and Lovina had been married for over eight years without a child.
Odo, a car washer, said he returned home from work at about 6:30pm and met sympathisers around his one-room apartment.
“I left home for work that morning after taking my breakfast; she had asked me to buy a tuber of yam for dinner on my way from work.
“When I returned, I saw people gathered around my apartment, only to be told that my wife had committed suicide,” he said.
Odo stressed that he and the deceased had no misunderstanding that could have led her to commit suicide.
The Divisional Police Officer of Ogidi, CSP Hassan Musa, confirmed the story, and said that the corpse of Lovina had been removed and deposited at the Mortuary of Iyienu Mission Hospital.
“No suicide note was seen around, her but preliminary investigation reveals that she might have committed suicide because she had no child,” Musa said.
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74
- Tinubu for nationwide address on Nigeria @ 63
- Nigeria At 63: We Are On Track For Economic Recovery, Says Obasa
- Nigeria Undoubtedly On Path To Greatness Despite Challenges –Lawan