NANS President, Comrade Chinonso Obasi, who spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja, said Mohammed died on Sunday enroute India where he had gone for medical treatment.
Obasi said the mail sent to him by Artemis Group of Hospitals, Delhi, India indicated that Mohammed passed on five minutes before landing at Delhi Airport.
He said the mail indicated that the hospital would conduct an autopsy on October 3 after which his remains would be released for transportation back to Nigeria.
Mohammed departed Abuja for India on September 30 to receive treatment for liver cirrhosis.
The Niger State Government had released N14 million to foot the medical bill after an appeal by NANS.
Obasi said: “We declare on month mourning and national action against cancer as we pray God to console his family.
“We also declare a national action against cancer and appeal the governments at all levels to be more proactive on issues pertaining to the health of citizens.
“Medical facilities in Nigeria should be standardised to enable our medical personnel handle complex forms of sicknesses.”
The NANS president said Mohammed’s family had been informed of his demise. Born in 1979, Mohammed was NANS President from 2011 to 2012. He attended the University of Jos.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment