A 22-year-old final-year student of the University of Benin, Caleb Obasogie, has allegedly murdered his own mother, Josephine Igbineweka, in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State.
The incident occurred at about 8.am on Thursday.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that, Obasogie, who is a final-year student of the University of Benin, had allegedly had an argument with the 55-year-old woman over an undisclosed amount of money. the deceased had passed the previous night in a neighbor’s house when her son allegedly refused to let her in for not giving him the money he demanded. Read also: FG frowns at Cameroon’s forced repatriation of IDPs
The following day, the suspect, who was said to be the last child of the deceased, allegedly locked himself and the late mother inside their room on Iyamu Street, Off Textile Mill road, Benin, before stabbing her with a piece of broken bottle.
The late Igbineweka died after losing so much blood from the injury she sustained, before help could come from the neighbors.The incident was said to have left the neighbors in shock, as the Read also: 46-yr-old Lebanese expatriate, 3 others in court for alleged theft compound was deserted by the other occupants.
However, the suspect was later arrested by police operatives from the Textile Mill division.
The Edo Police Public Relation Officer, Mr. Moses Nkombe, confirmed the incident.
Nkombe also added that the matter was still under investigation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency