A 40-year-old man, Femi Afolabi, on Tuesday appeared before an Osun State Magistrates’ Court sitting in Ile-Ife for allegedly killing a bat on the campus of the Obafemi Awolowo University.
Afolabi appeared before Magistrate Muhibah Olatunji on a count of a breach of the public peace.
The police prosecutor, Adewale Adesina, said the defendant committed the offence on Monday, January 13, 2020, around 9am on the OAU campus.
He said Afolabi put up a conduct likely to cause a breach of the public peace when he entered the campus without permission and killed a bat with a catapult.
According to him, the offence contravenes Section 249 (d) of the Criminal Code, Laws of Osun State, 2002.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge. His counsel, Samuel Obi, applied for bail on behalf of his client.
Ruling on the application, the magistrate admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N100,000 with one surety in like sum. She adjourned the case till February 11, 2020, for hearing.
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy
- Nigeria is not broke, says finance minister
- Aree of Ogele felicitates with Sulu-Gambari on SAN attainment
- 2023: INEC, NUJ collaborate on election, conflict-sensitive reporting
- Senate President cautions against Vote-trading in 2023 poll
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign
- We’ll recover semester, session lost to strike – ASUU
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun