The Ogun State Police Command has arrested a 45-year-old man, Adisa Olayide, for allegedly defiling his 12-year-old daughter in Ilaro, Yewa South Local Government Area of the state.
The suspect was said to have been arrested on Wednesday, November 16 following a complaint from the daughter who cried to the police station and reported her father.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the little girl told the police that her mother was late, and the suspect had remarried and had three wives after the demise of her mother.
Oyeyemi, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, explained further that upon the victim’s complaint, the Divisional Police Officer, Ilaro division detailed police detectives to effect the arrest of the suspect.
He said the state Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, had ordered the immediate transfer of the case to Anti- Human Trafficking and Child Labour Unit of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Abeokuta, for further investigation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor