The Ogun State Police Command has arrested a 45-year-old man, Adisa Olayide, for allegedly defiling his 12-year-old daughter in Ilaro, Yewa South Local Government Area of the state.
The suspect was said to have been arrested on Wednesday, November 16 following a complaint from the daughter who cried to the police station and reported her father.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the little girl told the police that her mother was late, and the suspect had remarried and had three wives after the demise of her mother.
Oyeyemi, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, explained further that upon the victim’s complaint, the Divisional Police Officer, Ilaro division detailed police detectives to effect the arrest of the suspect.
He said the state Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, had ordered the immediate transfer of the case to Anti- Human Trafficking and Child Labour Unit of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Abeokuta, for further investigation.
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn
- Over 50 Emirs, others witness late Dutse monarch’s funeral prayer
- Emir Sulu-Gambari commiserates with Jigawa govt. over Dutse monarch’s death