A Kano Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday remanded, Tukur Musa, a 45-year-old retired
vehicle inspection officer in prison custody for allegedly defiling and infecting 13-year-old girl with HIV.
The Chief Magistrate, Maryam Sabo, ordered the remand of the accused in prison custody pending the advice of the Directorate of Public Prosecution.
Musa of Panshekara Quarters Kano, committed the offence on Dec. 29, 2016 at Panshekara Quarters Kano.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Shuaibu Musa, told the court that Rabiu Usman of the same address reported the case to Panshekara Police Division Kano on Dec. 29.
“About two months ago the accused Tukur lured the complainant’s 13-year-old daughter into his room situated at Panshekara Quarters Kano,
and had unlawful sexual intercourse with her.
“The victim was rushed to Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital Kano for examination and was found to have been infected with HIV.”
The prosecutor said the offence contravened Section 283 of the Penal Code.
The Magistrate adjourned the case to Jan. 18, for mention.
The accused pleaded not guilty to the one count charge.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport