A Kano Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday remanded, Tukur Musa, a 45-year-old retired
vehicle inspection officer in prison custody for allegedly defiling and infecting 13-year-old girl with HIV.
The Chief Magistrate, Maryam Sabo, ordered the remand of the accused in prison custody pending the advice of the Directorate of Public Prosecution.
Musa of Panshekara Quarters Kano, committed the offence on Dec. 29, 2016 at Panshekara Quarters Kano.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Shuaibu Musa, told the court that Rabiu Usman of the same address reported the case to Panshekara Police Division Kano on Dec. 29.
“About two months ago the accused Tukur lured the complainant’s 13-year-old daughter into his room situated at Panshekara Quarters Kano,
and had unlawful sexual intercourse with her.
“The victim was rushed to Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital Kano for examination and was found to have been infected with HIV.”
The prosecutor said the offence contravened Section 283 of the Penal Code.
The Magistrate adjourned the case to Jan. 18, for mention.
The accused pleaded not guilty to the one count charge.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo