No fewer than 49 members of the Senate have passed a vote of confidence on Senate President Bukola Saraki and his deputy, Senator Ike Ekweremadu.
The senators in a two-page letter appended to by all the 49 lawmakers affirmed their support for the current leadership of the Senate.
ROYAL NEWS reports that a former President of the Senate, Senator David Mark, was among the lawmakers.
They stated that they were against any move to impeach both Saraki and Ekweremadu.
Those who signed the Pro-Saraki letter include Senators Barnabas Gemade , Dino Melaye, Ben Murray-Bruce, Sam Egwu and Ademola Adeleke.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide