No fewer than 49 members of the Senate have passed a vote of confidence on Senate President Bukola Saraki and his deputy, Senator Ike Ekweremadu.
The senators in a two-page letter appended to by all the 49 lawmakers affirmed their support for the current leadership of the Senate.
ROYAL NEWS reports that a former President of the Senate, Senator David Mark, was among the lawmakers.
They stated that they were against any move to impeach both Saraki and Ekweremadu.
Those who signed the Pro-Saraki letter include Senators Barnabas Gemade , Dino Melaye, Ben Murray-Bruce, Sam Egwu and Ademola Adeleke.
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement