A 49- year- old man identified as Clement Silver has been arrested for faking his own kidnap in a bid to obtain one N1m from his wife.
Clement who hails from Benue state did so in order fraudulently obtain N1m from his wife, he was arrested and paraded for planning with a 33-year-old man to arrange his kidnap. This plan was set in motion to swindle his wife.
Clement who lives at Odozi Street in Agbor despite being from Benue was arrested by some members of the Agbor Gha-Ihun security at the spot where he was hiding with his accomplice, Sunday Kibechukwu. They were picked up beside Camelite Paint in Agbor, Delta state.
The 49-year-old man confessed to the crime stating his intention was to make his wife pay the ransom as this would fuel his betting activities with Bet Naija. Clement worked as a security officer with UBA in Agbor before he was retrenched last year. Since then, he has been actively involved in the lottery and betting business.
His wife reportedly runs a poultry business. He also confessed to working with Kibechukwu to plan the kidnap as he had the intention of paying his wife back. He said he was assured that she would not give him the money. This made him stage his own kidnap and make her pay it nevertheless.
Sunday, his accomplice on the other hand said Clement lured him into the deal stating he assured him he would return the money to her afterwards. The man who hails from Aniocha north local government area of Delta said Silver also promised to give him N10,000 to treat an injury he sustained while working at a bakery in Boji-Boji Owa.
They demanded for a ransom of N1m which was to be dropped along Benin/Asaba expressway in Umunede, the poor woman pleaded with the suspects stating she would pay N300,000. They refused to take the money and were later spotted at their hideout later.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum