Five persons died in a multiple auto crash
at Iju area of Idiroko -Ota Expressway on Wednesday.
The accident, involving a Mack tanker, a Volkswagen Golf, a tricycle and a motorcycle, was said to have occurred at about 10.35 a.
The Zonal Commander, Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), Mr Adekunle Ajibade, confirmed the accident to the News Agency of Nigeria in Ota.
Ajibade said that one person also sustained injury in the accident, which involved 11 persons — eight male and three female.
The zonal commander said speeding and loss of control was the likely cause of the accident.
“Some of the occupants of some of the vehicles were fortunate to escape death while five of the vehicles’ passengers were unfortunate.
“The corpses have been deposited at the morgue of General Hospital Ota and the injured is receiving treatment in the same hospital,” he said.
Ajibade said that TRACE had to deploy a crane and a flat bed vehicle to remove the vehicles from the ditch.
He said that the evacuation of the vehicles had been completed, except for the tanker, as TRACE had to wait for NUPENG officials for transloading before total evacuation.
Ajibade advised motorists to always adhere strictly to traffic regulations and refrain from speeding to avoid loss of lives.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo