Reports gathered revealed that incident occurred after soldiers in his convoy shot four people on the eve of the Local government elections in the state.
Youths in Lafiagi township had reportedly blocked the culvert at Sodo in a peaceful protest asking that the Senator complete the long-abandoned culvert before the LGA elections on Saturday, November 18. But soldiers opened fire on the protesters.
The report quoted eyewitnesses as saying that several people suffered injuries while five person died. In retaliation, the youths set the senator’s home ablaze.
Residents were also said to have fled the town after more soldiers arrived and began shooting.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia
- BREAKING…. Many school children, others affected as explosion rocks Kano