Reports gathered revealed that incident occurred after soldiers in his convoy shot four people on the eve of the Local government elections in the state.
Youths in Lafiagi township had reportedly blocked the culvert at Sodo in a peaceful protest asking that the Senator complete the long-abandoned culvert before the LGA elections on Saturday, November 18. But soldiers opened fire on the protesters.
The report quoted eyewitnesses as saying that several people suffered injuries while five person died. In retaliation, the youths set the senator’s home ablaze.
Residents were also said to have fled the town after more soldiers arrived and began shooting.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS