OPC factional leader wants Gani Adams arrested
The factional-Coordinator of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) in Kwara state, Comrade Maruf Olarewaju, has called on the state government to order the arrest of the Leader of group, Comrade Gani Adams, who would be in the state for Irra festival by weekend.
Comrade Olarewaju in a statement signed in Ilorin on Thursday a copy made available to ROYAL NEWS stated that the attention of the group had been drawn to the plan of Comrade Adams, who he addressed as a former national coordinator of OPC.
According to him, “Gani Adams will be in Irra community in the Oyun local government area of Kwara state for Oya festival with hoodlums. It is on record that the Kwara state chapter of OPC led by myself started the celebration of Oya festival in 2010 before it was hijacked by the former national coordinator thereby using the festival to extort money from members of the organization, state governments and international community at large.
“Adams was sacked from the position of the national coordinator since February 1 due to mismanagement of the congress fund and his dictatorial attitude. Adams is still parading himself as the leader of the congress because he had turned OPC to his privately owned company, where he used the congress funds to sustain himself and his family.”
Comrade Olarewaju however declared that “Gani Adams group should know that Kwara is a state of peace and harmony that would not allow any destruction elements to jeopardize the peaceful atmosphere enjoyed by the people of the state.”
“I intended to raise alarm because of Gani Adams’ antecedents which is synonymous to violence, destruction of lives and property, he added, stressing that the state government should be watchful Gani Adams not to cause anarchy in the state as well as breaking down law and orders.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections