Barring any last minute changes, the All Progressives Congress will today (Thursday), hold a mini convention to elect a new National Publicity Secretary.
A usually reliable source in the party told our correspondent that the mini-convention is being convened to elect a new spokesman for the party.
It was gathered that a former Sports Minister, Bolaji Abdullahi, from Kwara State, was being tipped for the job.
The former occupant of the position, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, also an indigene of Kwara State, resigned from the post to take up appointment as Minister of Information and National Orientation more than a year ago.
The embattled Deputy National Publicity Secretary, of the party, Timi Frank, tried but failed to act in that capacity.
He has taken the party to court when it announced that he has been suspended.
It was however gathered that the leadership of the APC had concluded the plans to elect another spokesman from the North-Central geopolitical zone, with Kwara State emerging the preferred candidate.
The source said Abdullahi might emerge the new spokesman for the APC at a mini-convention expected to hold at the New Chelsea Hotel, Abuja at 11am.
It was also confirmed that delegates from only the six states of North-Central would attend the convention, while the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, members of the National Working Committee as well as governors from the states were billed to attend the convention.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport