About 54 suspected dealers of hard drugs have been apprehended by the Kano State Police Command.
The Police Public Relations Officer of the command, DSP Abdullahi Haruna, who confirmed the arrest in a statement issued on Wednesday said that the suspects were arrested in various criminal hideouts during special raid exercise across the state by the police.
He said some of the suspects were dealing in cocaine, Indian hemp, suck-and-die, solution, tramadol and many other dangerous drugs.
Haruna said one Mujahid Abubakar and Iliya Garba were arrested at Sabon Gari Market from whom tones of hard drugs were recovered.
He listed some of the drugs recovered from the suspects thus: Tablet Exol 5 -39000 tabs, Tablet Sycozines 5 – 21000 tabs, Injection Diazepam – 166000 Bottles, Injection Tranzile -7000 Bottles, Injection Tramadol – 2150, Injection Ejon Merinetin – 8000, Injection Nart phenobartil – 180, Injection penzozine – 40, Injection Voltean – 14, C0cadamol Tablet – 1600.
He said the The suspects have confessed to the crime while effort is being intensified to arrest their accomplices for onward arraignment in court for prosecution.
Similarly, the PPRO confirmed the arrest of one Muhammed Abdullahi, suspected to be a distributor of cocaine substance.
He said the suspect who is a resident of Hotoro Quarters was arrested On the 28th February 2019, with four wraps of cocaine.
The police spokesman said the suspect is cooperating with the police in their investigation and would soon be charged to court.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory