Police spokesperson, Fred Enanga, says Sentenekora took part in an “amateur” eating contest organised by one Salvan in Kibimbiri, Kihiri sub-country, Kanungu district.
“The victim died when he was choked by the food he was eating and the body was taken the Kihihi health centre where it was established he was choked to death,” Enanga said while addressing the press on Monday morning.
He said that the police is now hunting for the organiser who did not follow safety protocols while organising the competition.
Enanga says that the organiser should have warned the competitors of the dangers involved and also have a medical personnel on board.
“Under normal circumstances, the organizers of the event like in some developed countries, should have informed the competitors of the risk and have medical personnel on board, which was not done.” Enanga added.
A death enquiry file was opened at Kabuga Police Post under SD REF 04/26/12/2021.
The PPRO warned the public against such risky contests like food and alcohol drinking competitions
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- NBC revokes licences of Ray Power FM, Silverbird TV, 50 other stations
- Nigerian Govt to block access to online loan firms
- No short shelf doses of COVID-19 vaccines in Nigeria — FG
- NiMet predicts 3-day rains, thunderstorms from Friday
- Emirates suspends flights to, from Nigeria
- Flight tickets skyrocket as aviation fuel hits N903
- PDP constitutes caretaker committee for Osun
- Osun Guber: Court strikes out suit against Ademola Adeleke
- Strike: Federal Govt’s offer miserable — ASUU
- Poultry farmers lament high cost of raw material