A 45 year old man has allegedly as allegedly set ablaze a house killing a five year-old girl, Nifemi, who was burnt to death, while her mother and two siblings suffered severe burns.
The Commissioner of Police in Lagos, Mr. Imohimin Edgal, confirming the incident to newsmen in Lagos, said the victims were sleeping at their Powerline Area residence in Alagbado, Lagos, when the incident happened.
Edgal, who spoke to newsmen on Wednesday when he visited the scene of the crime, said that the suspect has been arrested.
He identified the victims as Mrs. Anitan and her children, Ayo, Esther and Nifemi.
According to him, one of the children, Nifemi, aged five years, died as a result of the burns she suffered, while the woman and her two other children suffered various degrees of burns.
“They are currently receiving treatment at Gbagada General Hospital. This is the dwelling place for a woman and three of her children.
“They were sleeping and suddenly, there was fire outbreak. They sustained severe burns before they were rushed to the hospital.
“Fortunately, the Divisional Police Officer and his team that came to their rescue did a painstaking search.
“They were able to recover a phone which was traced to Shola Adewunmi, who previously had serious altercation with the woman.
“Evidence we have so far is that the man purposely set fire on the house with intent to burn both the woman and her children alive.
“He has been arrested and I have ordered that he be taken to the state CID for further investigation,” he said.
Edgal added that the suspect would be properly investigated and charged to court, assuring the public that the outcome of the investigation would be revealed.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ