6 facts about deposed Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II
- His late grandfather, Sir Muhammadu Sanusi I became the Emir and Paramount ruler of Kano Emirate in 1954
- His late grandfather, Sir Muhammadu Sanusi I was dethroned in 1963 by the Premier of Northern region and Sardauna of Sokoto, Sir Ahmadu Bello KBE and banished to Azare, Bauchi State.
- Muhammadu Sanusi served as the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, (CBN) under President Goodluck Jonathan.
- He was installed as the Dan Majen Kano by late Emir Ado Bayero in 2012
- He was enthroned as the Emir of Kano in 2014 by Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso
- He was dethroned in 2020 by the (former deputy governor), Governor of Kano State, Dr. Umar Ganduje
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents