Olawale Samson, Chief Executive Officer of Lapet Feats, in a statement on Friday in Lagos said that the event was organised with support from Oyo State Sports Council and Stargate Construction Company.
According to him, participants are professional cyclists and qualified individuals with passion for cycling.
Samson said the ride would take off from Eleiyele through Mokola roundabout to Agodi State Secretariat, University of Ibadan and back through Sango to the Eleiyele take off point.
He said that Oyo State Sector Command of Federal Road Safety Corps, the police and other law enforcement agencies have been mobilised to provide logistics support for the event.
First observed in 2018, World Bicycle Day celebrates the bicycle as a simple, affordable, reliable, clean and environmentally fit.
Bicycle is a sustainable means of transportation that can serve as a means not just of transportation but also of access to education, health care and sports.
Walking and cycling can provide a form of transport for the urban poor, while reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke, certain cancers, diabetes, and even death.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus