No fewer than 6,800 delegates are expected to vote for aspirants contesting for positions in the National Working Committee of the All
Progressives Congress (APC) at its National Convention on Saturday.
The Chairman of the Media Subcommittee for the National Convention Planning Committee, Gov. Abiola Ajimobi, stated this on Thursday in
Ajimobi, who spoke after the committee members inspected the Eagle Square, venue of the convention, added that the party was prepared to
ensure a rancor free convention.
“We are very happy about all the preparations, everything is in place, you can see what we call a very professional arrangement for tomorrow,” he said.
He added that some aspirants may however drop from the race before the convention.
“Politics is about conflict and resolution, today we are meeting the aspirants to interview them, there will be a give and take so that it will be a smooth operation on Saturday,” he said.
Also speaking, former Governor of Zamfara, Sen. Ahmed Yarima, who is the Chairman of the Convention Subcommittee for Accreditation, said
the committee had commenced the screening and accreditation of delegates from the 36 states and Federal Capital Territory.
He assured that delegates would be properly scrutinized before entering the convention venue.
“We are going to put numbering and security code so that as soon as you come to the gate you are properly identified, screened and then you enter.
“Even as they vote inside, you have another card that you present so you can be allowed to vote” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign