No fewer than 6,800 delegates are expected to vote for aspirants contesting for positions in the National Working Committee of the All
Progressives Congress (APC) at its National Convention on Saturday.
The Chairman of the Media Subcommittee for the National Convention Planning Committee, Gov. Abiola Ajimobi, stated this on Thursday in
Ajimobi, who spoke after the committee members inspected the Eagle Square, venue of the convention, added that the party was prepared to
ensure a rancor free convention.
“We are very happy about all the preparations, everything is in place, you can see what we call a very professional arrangement for tomorrow,” he said.
He added that some aspirants may however drop from the race before the convention.
“Politics is about conflict and resolution, today we are meeting the aspirants to interview them, there will be a give and take so that it will be a smooth operation on Saturday,” he said.
Also speaking, former Governor of Zamfara, Sen. Ahmed Yarima, who is the Chairman of the Convention Subcommittee for Accreditation, said
the committee had commenced the screening and accreditation of delegates from the 36 states and Federal Capital Territory.
He assured that delegates would be properly scrutinized before entering the convention venue.
“We are going to put numbering and security code so that as soon as you come to the gate you are properly identified, screened and then you enter.
“Even as they vote inside, you have another card that you present so you can be allowed to vote” he said.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes