A 70-year-old woman, Medinat Ala, has been found dead in her room at Okeegbe area of Ikare Akoko in Akoko North-East Local Government Area of Ondo State on Wednesday morning.
Ondo State Police Command has however arrested a man identified as Moses Olaniyi in connection with the murder case.
It was gathered that some body parts of the deceased were removed, which suggested that the old woman might have been killed for ritual purposes.
According to a source, the breast, womb and the private parts of the deceased were cut off by the suspected ritualists.
The source said, “The deceased was clubbed to death with a pestle by the ritualists in the early hours of today (Wednesday) and a neighbour, who was trying to rescue her, was almost killed by the ritualists.
“The neighbour was living in the house with the late Medinat Ala; she woke up when she heard strange voices in the deceased’s room; and as she was trying to go into the room, one of the ritualists hit her with a pestle on the head. She has been rushed to the hospital. “
The Police Public Relations Officer of the command, Mr Femi Joseph, said the killing was perfectly done because the assailants opened the door to the deceased’s room and after the dastardly act; they closed the door and left the house.
“We have arrested one person and we have begun our investigation. We shall get to the root of the matter,” he said.
It was gathered that the remains of the deceased had been deposited in the morgue of the Ondo State Specialists Hospital, Ikare Akoko.
Sent from my iPhone
- Everton fires Manager, Marco Silva
- Nigeria will soon be self-sufficient in rice production— Minister
- Minister launches NAVSA, to create 6million jobs in 10yrs
- Committee of CMDs raises alarm over impending problems
- When will Gov. Abdulrazaq present 2020 budget?
- Senate to IGP: Reduce checkpoints on federal highways
- Atiku decries $100bn annual foreign school fees by wealthy Nigerians
- Senate passes 2020 budget,raises estimates to N10.594trn
- Kano Assembly finally passes bill of new emirates creation into law
- SAD…Obasanjo’s Ex-Special Adviser on women affairs dies at 73