Eight young girls has been arrested in Kano for alleged involvement in prostitution.
The State Hisbah Board on Friday said it had arrested eight young girls allegedly involved in prostitution in the city.
Prostitution is banned under Sharia law in Kano State. Read also: Nnamdi Kanu is a criminal, the truth will come to pass—army
The board’s Assistant Commander-General, Operations, Malam Nasiru Isa, said in Kano that the suspects were apprehended on Thursday evening at Rijiyar Zaki bus-stop during a special patrol.
“All the suspects are females of between the age of 22 and 23,” he said, adding that the arrest followed a tip-off.
According to him, the eight girls live in an uncompleted building at a bus-stop in the metropolis which they allegedly turn into to a brothel.
“Our men went there around 5:00 p.m. on Thursday evening and arrested eight suspects at the Bus stop,” the official said, stressing that they Read also: What you need to know about ‘Monkeypox’ would be properly screened and taken to court.
The official noted that most of the suspects were from broken homes and called on parents to ensure proper upbringing of their children to enable them to grow up as responsible citizens.
He also advised youths in the state to shun all forms of immorality, be God-fearing and strive to live a worthy life.
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn