Eight young girls has been arrested in Kano for alleged involvement in prostitution.
The State Hisbah Board on Friday said it had arrested eight young girls allegedly involved in prostitution in the city.
Prostitution is banned under Sharia law in Kano State. Read also: Nnamdi Kanu is a criminal, the truth will come to pass—army
The board’s Assistant Commander-General, Operations, Malam Nasiru Isa, said in Kano that the suspects were apprehended on Thursday evening at Rijiyar Zaki bus-stop during a special patrol.
“All the suspects are females of between the age of 22 and 23,” he said, adding that the arrest followed a tip-off.
According to him, the eight girls live in an uncompleted building at a bus-stop in the metropolis which they allegedly turn into to a brothel.
“Our men went there around 5:00 p.m. on Thursday evening and arrested eight suspects at the Bus stop,” the official said, stressing that they Read also: What you need to know about ‘Monkeypox’ would be properly screened and taken to court.
The official noted that most of the suspects were from broken homes and called on parents to ensure proper upbringing of their children to enable them to grow up as responsible citizens.
He also advised youths in the state to shun all forms of immorality, be God-fearing and strive to live a worthy life.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory