1. He was born on Saturday 17th December 1977.
2. He is the second son of the late 10th Emir of Gombe, Shehu Usman
3. He became the 11th Sarkin Gombe and Chairman Gombe Traditional
Council at the age of 37
4. He was until his enthronement as Emir, the Santurakin Gombe.
5. He was named after his grandfather Shehu Abubakar Umaru I.
6. He graduated from the University of Maiduguri in 2005 with a
Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science.
7. HE IS SINGLE.
8. He has the biggest size of Turban among all Emirs in Nigeria.
Detailed Profile of Abubakar Shehu Abubakar
Abubakar Shehu-Abubakar III is a Nigerian traditional leader who was appointed the 11th Emir of Gombe in June 2014. He became Emir following the death of his father, Shehu Abubakar, the 10th emir, who died on May 27, 2014. Abubakar Shehu-Abubakar is Shehu Abubakar’s second son.
Abubakar Shehu-Abubakar was born in Gombe, Nigeria, on December 17, 1977. He attended Gombe Children Primary School from 1982 to 1988 and the Government Science Secondary School, Gombe, from 1989 until 1995.
Shehu-Abubakar received his bachelor’s degree in political science from University of Maiduguri, where he was a student from 2001 until his graduation in 2005.
Abubakar served as a Supervisory Councillor on the Gombe Local Government Council from 2006 to 2007. From 2007 until 2009, he worked as the personal assistant to the Director of Administration at the federal Nigerian Ministry of Defence in Abuja.
He later became the chairman of Kliptown Lagoon Nigeria Ltd. and the executive director of Horizon Interlinks Global Resources.
Shehu-Abubakar’s father, the 10th Emir of Gombe of Shehu Abubakar, died from cancer in London on May 27, 2014. He was appointed as Shehu Abubakar’s successor in early June 2014. The Secretary to the Gombe State Government (SSG), Abubakar Bage, presented Shehu-Abubakar with his letter of appointment at the Gombe Central Mosque on June 6, 2014.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes