The All Progressives Congress, (APC) caucus on Monday met in Abuja to review activities that surrounded the postponement of the presidential and national assembly election scheduled to hold last Saturday.
Below are highlights of President Muhammadu Buhari’s remarks:
- I do not have to rig before winning re-election
- I’m not afraid. I went round the 36 states and the FCT
- I think I have enough support across the country to vote for me.
- I do not expect anybody to cause any disturbance.
- The security agencies have identified hot spots and flash points and should be prepared to move.
- Anybody who decides to snatch ballot boxes or lead thugs to disturb the process, may be that will be the last unlawful action you will take.
- We have directed the military and other security agents to be ruthless. We are not going to be blamed that we want to rig elections.
- I want Nigerians to be respected and let them vote whoever they want across the parties.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)