No fewer than 16 former governors have won elections into the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
They will be part of legislators in the 9th Assembly.
They include Adamu Aliero (Kebbi), Gabriel Suswam (Benue), Kashim Shettima (Borno), Orji Uzor Kalu and Theodore Orji (Abia), Ibrahim Shekarau and Kabiru Gaya (Kano), Abdullahi Adamu and Tanko Almakura (Nasarawa).
Others are Mohammed Danjuma Goje (Gombe), Ibrahim Geidam (Yobe), Rochas Okorocha (Imo), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Sam Egwu (Ebonyi), Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara), Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko (Sokoto) and Chimaroke Nnamani (Enugu).
However, further findings revealed that about six of the governors are currently serving their second terms, which will end on May 29. They are Geidam, Okorocha, Almakura, Shettima, Yari, and Amosun.
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery