Bola Tinubu, former Lagos State Governor, has commiserated with the family and associates of Afenifere leader, Ayo Fasanmi.
Fasanmi died in Osogbo on Wednesday.
Tinubu, in a statement on Thursday, said Papa’s long sojourn on earth was for the good of all.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) national leader said the late elder statesman walked at the vanguard of all democrats, freedom fighters and believers in true federalism.
Tinubu noted that to have lived to the age of 94 was God’s gift not only to him and his family, but to Nigeria he deeply loved.
“I had a close relationship with Paba Fasanmi, dating back many years. He was a mentor and role model to me and many others who believe in progressive politics as a means to uplift our society and its people. When Papa was recently admitted to the hospital for age-related sickness, I spoke to him and followed up with his close aide to monitor his situation.”
As Afenifere leader, Tinubu, said he was a true believer in the importance of fiscal federalism as essential for the growth of Nigeria.
He shared the grief with his political soulmates including Pa Fasoranti, Chief Bisi Akande, and others.
Tinubu added that Pa Fasanmi devoted himself toward progressive development and democratic advancement.
He added: “This fine job has not been completed. The Nigeria of our dreams is still a work in progress. Papa Fasanmi struggled for that dream and supported those patriots, like President Muhammadu Buhari, who also toiled for the same goal. Let us all learn from Papa Fasanmi’s example and join hands to move Nigeria towards the safe harbour of peace and prosperity.”
Tinubu prayed that Almighty God grant the soul of Pa Fasanmi eternal rest.
He beseeched God to guide and comfort his family, and grant them perseverance to continue after him through living by his example.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal