Barrister Abdulhakeem Usman Mustapha (SAN) has emerged as the new President of the CAF Board of Appeal, A. U. Mustapha (SAN).
At his inauguration, he assured that his board will employ integrity and justice to all as watchwords during its tenure.
Speaking in Abuja on Monday, the former Chairman of the NFF Electoral Committee told thenff.com: “I want to first and foremost, thank the NFF President, Amaju Melvin Pinnick, for making this possible. I never lobbied for the job and I never even knew that I was being considered. Perhaps, the big roles that AITEO continue to play in Nigerian Football and at CAF level brought one to prominence. I thank Benedict Peters (President, AITEO) for his immense service to football.
It was learnt that A. U. Mustapha, son of the Wali’n Ilorin, Alhaji Shehu Usman Mustapha, was on Friday, at the 40th CAF General Assembly in Casablanca, named the new President of the CAF Board of Appeal.
“For me, the approach to this new assignment will be simple: integrity will be at the front –burner. A lot of people who know me can vouch for me on this. More importantly, we will follow the rules dispassionately to deliver justice to all.”
A distinguished legal practitioner of over two decades, A. U. Mustapha has excelled in various assignments in Nigerian Football as well as in using strategic thinking to run diverse businesses.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the dynamic, articulate and pragmatic team player attended reputable international institutions including the Harvard Business School (USA), Manchester Business School, Suffolk Law School (both in the United Kingdom) and the Business School Netherlands in The Hague.
He has also served in top positions in various businesses and in boards of corporate entities, as well as with the National Sports Commission (Chairman, National Appeals Committee), the NFF (Chairman, NFF Electoral Committee & Deputy Chairman, NFF Committee for Ethics and Fairplay) and the League (Member, Organizing and Disciplinary Committee).
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn
- Over 50 Emirs, others witness late Dutse monarch’s funeral prayer
- Emir Sulu-Gambari commiserates with Jigawa govt. over Dutse monarch’s death
- Gov. AbdulRazaq inaugurates APC campaign council in Kwara
- Media expert harps on importance of free press on democracy