Former Senate Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe has condemned the gruesome attack on Senator Ifeanyi Uba by gunmen, describing it as despicable and evil.
The Senator representing Abia South in a statement in Abuja on Monday by his Media Adviser, Uchenna Awom said the sad incident which is one among many others across the country are clear indication of total collapse of security.
Senator Abaribe also said he would not want to read political motives behind the attack, but cautioned against such if that is the case saying no political aspiration is worth any human life.
He therefore, called for a thorough investigation on this and other related ones to unravel the culprits and perhaps the motives for the rising attacks coming on the eve of the 2023 general elections.
“It has become most expedient now for the authorities to deploy the best of our security and intelligence network across board to nip such incidences in the bud.
We must engender confidence and reassure Nigerians of their safety at all times”, Abaribe said.
However, he condoled with Senator Ubah, the Police authorities and families of those who lost their lives in the fatal attack.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal