The embattled Deputy Commissioner of Police, DCP, Abba Kyari, has dragged the Federal Government before a Federal High Court in Abuja challenging his continued detention by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA).
The embattled law enforcement officer, in a suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/182/22 is seeking an order of court to immediately release him.
Similarly, in the alternative, the suspended DCP, being held by the NDLEA over his alleged involvement in hard drug trafficking wants the court to admit him to bail in liberal conditions.
Justice Inyang Eden Ekwo is expected to take the ex-parte application filed along with the suit on Monday (today).
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory