The embattled Deputy Commissioner of Police, DCP, Abba Kyari, has dragged the Federal Government before a Federal High Court in Abuja challenging his continued detention by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA).
The embattled law enforcement officer, in a suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/182/22 is seeking an order of court to immediately release him.
Similarly, in the alternative, the suspended DCP, being held by the NDLEA over his alleged involvement in hard drug trafficking wants the court to admit him to bail in liberal conditions.
Justice Inyang Eden Ekwo is expected to take the ex-parte application filed along with the suit on Monday (today).
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline
- Buhari rejoices with 90yr-old female Professor, Bolanle Awe
- Ukraine President Zelensky appoints Oby Ezekwesili as ambassador
- Breaking: Buhari wades into Naira new notes scarcity
- Fuel scarcity worsens, bites harder in FCT