A staff of Chimola School in Akure, Ondo State who was whisked away after gunmen hijacked a bus belonging to the school on Thursday morning has been freed.
Omolayo Ojo who spoke to newsmen said she obeyed the instructions of the gunmen who threatened to harm her if she did not cooperate with them, and was released when they said she was innocent.
Ojo said she was dropped at an unknown destination, but found her way back to Akure after asking for directions from people she met on her way.
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline