Kwara APC governorship candidate AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq on Thursday said the appeal judgment affirming his candidature was a victory for the people of the state.
Rafiu Ajakaye, his media aide, said in a statement on behalf of the candidate that the ruling confirmed his position that the earlier judgment of the High Court was in “bad faith and cannot stand any legal scrutiny.”
The statement read: “This judgment on our interlocutory appeal has cleared the final logjam the discredited dynasty, acting through their proxies, was using to stall our people’s steady move to political liberation and socioeconomic progress.
“On behalf of all the Kwara APC candidates in the coming elections, we thank the people of Kwara State for their solidarity while the legal distractions lasted. The ruling is a victory for the masses of Kwara who yearn for change, political freedom and a government that is truly committed to their welfare.
“Finally, we thank our lawyers for their doggedness, brilliant submissions and perseverance in the diligent prosecution of the appeal. We are very grateful to the Comrade Adams Oshiomhole-led National Working Committee (NWC) of our great party and all our national and state leaders for putting their feet down that Kwara must be free from political predators.”
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn