Abia ADC suspends guber candidate, 3 others
The governorship candidate of the African Democratic Congress Abia State, in the forthcoming election, Bishop Sunday Onuoha, has been suspended.
He was suspended on Tuesday along with three other candidates, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
This was as the party stated its readiness to endorse a governorship candidate of another political party in the state.
Addressing newsmen after a meeting of the State Working Committee, the Abia ADC chairman, Norman Obinna, disclosed others to include: Abraham Godson, candidate for Abia Central Senatorial District; Iyke Nwoke, the Umuahia Central State Constituency candidate; and one Mr Osita Offor.
Obinna said the Methodist Church cleric, Sunday Onuoha, was suspended for breaching Article 22 of the party’s constitution by being involved in “acts and conducts that have brought the party into hatred, disrepute and public ridicule, as well as engaging in an unauthorised publicity of party dispute (using his radio station) and the fractionalisation and creating of parallel party organs.”
The party, he said, further resolved that it would no longer tolerate the excesses of Onuoha.
The party chieftain said, while Godson was suspended for openly adopting the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi, and disparaging the ADC party’s presidential candidate on a state radio station, Nwoke deceived the party when he failed to disclose to the party that he had previously obtained nomination form under the Peoples Democratic Party, and participated in the PDP primaries and failed.
Nwoke was also alleged of engaging in activities that caused disaffection amongst party members when he unlawfully removed ward chairmen of local government areas within his constituency.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG