The Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria says it plans to reward members of its academic staff who performed outstanding research and inventions to promote excellence in teaching and research in the university.
ABU Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Kabir Bala, said this during a meeting on the way forward for the institution’s Horticultural Garden.
Malam Auwalu Umar, Acting Director, Public Affairs Directorate, of the university said this in a statement on Saturday in Zaria.
“Any academic staff member with outstanding research or remarkable invention would be adequately rewarded by reading his citation at the Senate in addition to certificate of appreciation,” Bala said.
He warned that the university would not reward indolence, adding that ABU has all the potential to achieve greatness.
Bala said that the university was developing a competency based curriculum to make its products easily employable in the labour market or to be self-employed.
He had earlier been presented with a document on the state of the university’s 8.11 hectare horticultural garden by Prof. Olu Akinola of Department of Agric Extension and Rural Development.
The document explicitly explained the structure of the garden, crops grown, observations, challenges and projections with a view to improving the place.
In his remarks, Dr Ibrahim Gadzama, Head, Department of Biology, reiterated that the university was endowed with adequate land for conservation of indigenous trees for teaching and research.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal