The Chief of Defence Staff, Major Gen. Lucky Irabor, has approved the hosting of the African Military Games in Nigeria.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the forthcoming military games is tagged: “Abuja 2024”.
The President Organisation of Military SPORTS in Africa, (OSMA) Major Gen. Maikano Abdullahi,
disclosed this at a Media Parley in Abuja before his departure to the Democratic Republic of Congo on working visit.
Maikano who doubles as Vice President of the International Military Sports Council, (CISM) lauded Gen. Irabo for the approval, saying, “a total of 18 sporting events will be competed for by the participating countries.
“Republic of Niger will host the maiden edition of the Gen. Lucky Irabo Nigeria’s Chief of Defence Staff’s Sahel Games for Peace and Solidarity 2023 in Niamey scheduled to come up by April.”
Meanwhile, the President Organisation of Military Sports in Africa OSMA has arrived the Democratic Republic of Congo,Kinshasa on a week-long working visit.
The Military Sports Chief’s tour of duty to DRC is to access the level of the country’s Armed Forces preparation for the forthcoming 2023 Great Lakes African Military Games involving 10 member countries.
While in the Republic of Congo he will commission the OSMA Central Liason Office in Brazzaville as well as to revive African Military Basketball Championship fixed for a later date to be hosted by the Republic of Congo.
However, the OSMA President has paid courtesy calls on the DRC’s Minister of Defence, Dr. Gilbert Kabanda Kurhenga, the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Celestin Mbala Musense and the Nigerian Ambassador to DRC Omar Souleiman.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo