Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Friday gave the assurance that the rehabilitation work at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA), Abuja would be completed on schedule.
During an inspection of the progress of work at the Airport, Osinbajo said that he was happy with the pace and quality of work done, adding that it is already at 80 per cent completion.
The Airport was closed on March 8 to enable the re-surfacing of the only runway while the Kaduna Airport was used as the alternative route for Abuja-bound flights.
“We expect to see that this is completed well on schedule, I don’t think we should expect any delays whatsoever.
“And we have assurances from the contractors, assurances from the consultants that we are clearly on schedule. So, by the 19th of April we should be set to re-open the Airport,” he said.
The Vice President also said he had no reservations on the contract execution.
“I have no reservations. Just looking at all of this myself, inspecting it and listening to the consultants, contractors and personnel from FAAN and the Ministry of Aviation and Ministry of Transportation, I think that a lot of work has gone in here,” he said.
Osinbajo observed that the contractors were working round-the-clock to meet the deadline.
“I think they have taken the job very seriously and we expect to see that this would be done and completed by April 19 as they have promised.”
The vice president also inspected the runway, its lighting system, the new elevator for the departure hall and the hall at the international wing.
Osinbajo was given details of progress of work on the runway by government officials led by the Managing Director of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) Mr Saleh Dunoma.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal