There was confusion along Ahmadu Bello Way and Police Headquarters in Ilorin the Kwara State capital when a man who pretended to be mentally deranged was discovered and accosted by people.
Eye-witnesses said people suspected the strange and accosted him. They stated when some people reached him, the found on him a cheque of N100m, four automated teller machine cards, Infinix Hot 5 phone, his pictures with top politicians in Nigeria; male and female condoms; and valium injections.
They stated that irate mob attempted to lynch him but he was later rescued.
But Police Public Relations Officer,Kwara State command, Mr. Ajayi Okasanmi said he was not aware of the incident. He added that people were only posting such insinuation on the social media.
“I am not aware of it. I can not also confirm. People were just posting things on the social media”, he added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency