The Acting Inspector General of Police (I-G), Mr Usman Baba, has ordered the deployment of Mr Christopher Owolabi, as the new Commissioner of Police (CP) in charge of the Police Command in Anambra.
The Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), Mr Frank Mba, disclosed this in a statement on Friday in Abuja.
The I-G also approved the deployment of other strategic and tactical commanders within the zones, two Deputy Commissioners of Police (DCPs), 14 Assistant Commissioners of Police (ACPs) and other mid-level officers.
Baba said the deployment of the new CP is part of the ongoing efforts to re-order, overhaul and strengthen the security and policing architecture in Anambra and other States in the South-East and South-South.
He said this is designed to improve the operational efficiency of the commands and enhance public safety and security.
Baba said Owolabi took over from Mr Monday Kuryas, who had been redeployed to the Anti-Fraud Section of the Force Headquarters Annex, Lagos.
The I-G urged the new CP in Anambra to take adequate measures in consolidating and improving on the gains of his predecessor.
He also called on the new CP to rejig the security apparatus of the State and harness the full potentials of the command, its workforce, assets and stakeholders to advance the safety of citizens.
Baba enjoined the people of South-East and South-South to cooperate with the Police and other security agencies to enable them succeed in their responsibilities.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)