The Chief of Staff to Governor Mohammed Jibrilla of Adamawa State, Abdulrahman Jimeta, has died.
Jimeta was said to have died in the early hours of Monday, June 18 in Saudi Arabia where he went on an holy pilgrimage.
According to the report, the sad news of Jimeta’s death was confirmed by close associates of the politician.
Adamawa chief of staff Abdulraham Jimeta was said to have died in the early hours of Monday, June 18.
Meanwhile, Governor Muhammadu Bindow has declared a three-day mourning period in the state over the death of his aide.
The State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Malam Ahmad Sajoh, in a statment noted that Abba-Jimeta passed away in the early hours of Monday after a brief illness in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, where he went to perform the lesser Hajj (Umrah).
ROYAL NEWS reports that Sajoh said the three-day mourning commenced from Monday.
He said: “The Executive Governor has declared three days mourning in Adamawa State starting from Monday, June 18, 2018. “The governor calls on the people of the state to pray for the peaceful repose of the soul of the late Chief of Staff.”
“The state government calls on workers to be more committed to the programmes and development of the state in remembrance of what the late Abba-Jimeta stood for in his over three decades of public life. Sajoh noted that the 59-year old Abba-Jimeta, who was buried in Mecca, was a former teacher; a Director of the defunct MAMSER; and a commissioner for information during Gov. Boni Haruna and Gov. Murtala Nyako’s administrations.
The commissioner described the deceased as an orator and crowd-puller, adding that Abba-Jimeta was also the Director, Gov. Bindow’s Campaign Organisation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal