Adamawa: Tinubu camp accepts defeat, congratulates PDP’s Fintiri
The camp of the President-elect, Bola Tinubu of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has welcomed defeat in the Adamawa State governorship election after the incumbent governor, Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri, emerged the winner of the poll.
The returning officer of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Mohammed Mele, on Tuesday in Yola, the state capital, declared Governor Fintiri of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) winner of the governorship poll after completing the collation of results of the supplementary election held on Saturday, April 15.
According to the returning officer, Fintiri polled a total of 430,861 to defeat the APC candidate, Aishatu Dahiru Ahmed Binani, who came second with a total of 398,788 votes.
Reacting to the outcome of the election, the Deputy Director of New Media for Tinubu/Shettima Campaign Council, Adamu Garba, congratulated Fintiri.
He said the APC fought hard but that they “obey the law and respect the dignity of the constitution”.
“We have fought hard, we didn’t give up on our party. We are civil, we can clearly differentiate between when we win and when we lose. We obey the law and respect the dignity of the constitution.
“I congratulate Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri on his victory in the last supplementary election,” he wrote on his Twitter handle.
Also reacting to the victory of Governor Fintiri, the spokesperson for the Tinubu campaign council, Festus Keyamo (SAN), said, “Anytime the opposition wins, whether on the field or in the courts, it is justice! Anytime the ruling party wins, whether on the field or in the courts, it is injustice! Hypocrites with double standards everywhere!”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari