The Adamawa Police Command has arrested Caroline Barka, 20-year-old house wife, for stabbing her late husband, Barka Dauda, to death.
Mrs Barka is a resident of Angwan Tamiya in Madagali Local Government Area of the state.
This is contained in a statement issued by the command’s spoke person, SP Suleiman Nguroje, on Saturday in Yola.
He stated that the suspect was apprehended by the police on Friday, following report received from a relative of the deceased.
“The suspect, Caroline Barka, a resident of Angwan Tamiya, Madagali Local Government Area, engaged her late husband, Barka Dauda, in a fight following an argument that ensued between them after the deceased returned home drunk and fell on their one-year-old baby who was in bed.
“Angered by his drunkeness, habitual late nights and failure to provide basic necessities as a husband, the suspect and the deceased engaged themselves in a fight which resulted to her stabbing the husband.
“As a result he fell down unconscious and was later rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed dead,” Nguroje stated.
According to him, investigation so far revealed that the suspect, being a nursing mother, has a child with the deceased after two years of marriage.
“The Commissioner of Police, CP Sikiru Akande, directs Deputy Commissioner of Police Investigation to take over the case and ensure that the suspect is prosecuted accordingly,” he stated.
Akande called on the public to always report people of suspicious character around their neighbourhoods to the police authority nearest to them.
He said that this would help in tackling criminal activities and other related offences in the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Aisha Wakil a.ka. ‘Mama Boko Haram, 2 others sentenced to 7yrs jailterm
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting